Tuesday 29 March 2011

Design Two

The Second Design that I will be cutting is:

 Waugh, N. (1994)

I have chosen to use this design for the second part of my cutting project because I believed that it would be a great challenge as there is no pattern for the drawing. When doing this project i wanted to work on my skills of being given a design from a designer and then use my own research to create a perfect 3D replica of the 2D design. 


Because I will need to mainly be working with different patterns I need to do a lot of advanced research to help me cut my costume. 

It was discussed about how I could create the overall look. Whether I should create a fashion garment or a costume garment. For example if I create a costume garment then I would create the blouse as a false front so that there is less clothing to be taken on and off for quick changes. This would be great to teach myself how to create a false front bodice, however if I do this then I would not know how to create it as a fashion garment. 


My tutor suggested that i create it as a fashion garment so that I learn all the cutting and makings skills of how to make the whole costume and then can learn to fake the front at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment