Monday 7 March 2011

Reflection on Tutorial

After talking to my tutor I decided that it would be a good idea to also make a garment for the National Theatre Hire Department as this will give me the chance to make a garment to a very high standard that is required to last.

Making a garment for the National Theatre Hire Department means that this project can be split up into two sections. The first learning about the techniques and skills needed to cut different shapes. I feel that this is very important for me because the project will help me to become more comfortable and confident at cutting different shapes and styles of costumes, while the second half of my project will help me become a more technically accurate maker. 

I think that working on the Hire Department garment will be really good for my portfolio as I mainly did a supervising project on my last unit and did not make a full costume. I am really looking forward to learn how to make a pair of breeches as this will be something new for me to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment