Wednesday 27 April 2011

Making the Jacket: Design Two

Please see images below of the draping and making of the jacket:

I found the draping of this really challenging. As I had not done anything like this before I honestly didn't have a clue where to start with the skirt of the jacket, as I wanted much volume in small panels of the body.  I started with the jacket front until I could get some help of a tutor. Because after trying a few things I still didn't really know where to go with the skirt. 





First I began to create box pleats at the back but my tutor advised that I should do small neat knife pleats instead and that he thinks it would look more elegant.

After creating the knife pleats it was suggested that maybe I should make them so that they touch more rather than spreading out.





I am really happy with the way that the skirt drapes now. 

If you would like to see the pattern I made for this then please see my work book.

No comments:

Post a Comment