Friday 1 April 2011

Useful and Developed Research: Design One

After Choosing my design I went back to the libary at various points while draping to find research to help me with decisions on what roots to take.

There is a larger amount of research in my work book which I found very useful while draping the pattern. However below are a few images that really helped me:

 Fischel, O. (1907).
 Fischel, O. (1907).

I found these two images really useful to see how the dresses of this period sat on the shoulders as well as how the decoration that is seen at the front.
 Lynn, E. (2010).
Lynn, E. (2010).
 Waugh, N. (1996).

 I looked at corsets from around the same year to look at what types of underwear women would be likely to wear underneath my dress. 

Unfortunatly I was unable to find images of the many layers of petticoats they wore but however I did read and learn about it.
Johnston, L. (2009). 

I thought that this image was really useful to look at how costumes of that period were finished off and what i should consider if making into a full costume.
 Buck, A. (1961)

Hunnisett, J. 

All this research and more in my work book helped me to drape my costume and was a great advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment