Wednesday 20 April 2011

Maidstone Museum and Bentlif Art Gallery

While away on Easter break I visited the Maidstone Museum and Bentlif Art Gallery to  look though there costume collection. 

I really enjoyed this visit but however did not learn much as the notes with the costumes were not very detailed and there was no-one in charge of the costume around that day to talk to. But however it was very interesting seeing some more different garments from all periods of the 19th Century.

Please see below for images taken at the museum:


I was interested by this wedding dress as it is very similar to  the ideas that I had for the back of my second design and it was really nice to see this in 3D rather than 2D in a book.












I was interested by this image of a mock up corset. I was aware that makes often created small samples of there dresses so that the customer might know what they are buying but I did not realise that they also did this for corsets.

No comments:

Post a Comment