Tuesday 5 April 2011

Getting the Correct Silhouette: Design Two

It is very important to me that I create the closest silhouette possible with the undergarments at  the AUCB Costume Store but unfortunately because of the angle that this model is positioned within this drawing of the design makes it hard to see the full silhouette. However it is my job to match this design as closest as possible.

I decided to try a few different ideas and photograph each to see how each looked at different profiles on a image. Please look below at my different ideas:

The Problem with just having the crin would be that the skirt would highlight every line of crin and show off the woman's leg shape to much.


After looking though all the images I decided that the three images shown before are perfect for the shape I need. Having the crin and a petticoat made the perfect shape for my design.


Even though this petticoat (seen in the last three images) gave a very nice shape the train is just too long for this design.



This Petticoat was too much with a crin added underneath it because of the frills at the waist. Unfortunately without the crin the petticoat was not quite big enough to give the shape I want to represent this design.

No comments:

Post a Comment