Friday 1 April 2011

Useful and Developed Research: Design Two

After choosing my design I went back to the library at various points while draping to find research to help me with decisions on what roots to take.

There is a larger amount of research in my work book which I found very useful while draping the pattern. However below are a few images that really helped me:

 Waugh, N. (1996). 
 Lynn, E. (2010). 

Looking at images of different corsets within the 1890's is a great way to learn and think about different underwear that would be needed underneath my garment.
 Blum, S. (1974). 

I found this image useful as it is similar to the design. The skirt and sleeves are very similar but in a lot more detail in this drawing.
 Hunnisett, J. (1988) 

Images and patterns such as this helped me work out a pattern for my skirt.
 Blum, S. (1974).
 Bradfield, N. (2009). 

I loved the simplicity in the curved and slimming lines of this garment and decided that it is a silhouette that I want to portray in my own garment.
 Waugh, N. (1994). 

Patterns such as this helped me look at creating the blouse. 
 Waugh, N. (1994).
 Taschen. (2002). 

I used this image as a main inspiration when draping the back of my jacket.
Taschen. (2002).
 Taschen. (2002). 
  Waugh, N. (1994).

This images really helped me with creating the pattern for my blouse and my pattern is heavily based on this pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment